Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Engaged (again..hee hee)

Okay, so I've heard through the grapevine that I am not the best communicator (aka start blogging!). All I can say is I'm a work in progress. So, the BIG news is that I'm engaged! Now, many of you know that this is not the first time I've had this experience. But, what you may not know is it took me almost two years and an over-the-top, wonderful, fantastic, superman to convince me to do such... I was NEVER, NEVER, NEVER going to get married again... Then, I fell in love with Russ and eventually, he changed my mind. So, I'm very excited this time.
So, heres the scoop..
I left it all in God's hands... It was Thursday, October 9th and Russ had just left for a 4 day work week... I logged onto his computer and got on the SkyWest website to purchase a seat request tor San Francisco... Since I'm his "travel companion" I get to make a request and if there's any seats available, I have a chance of taking the flight. Nervously, I await at the airport on Friday night. I barely miss getting a seat! Drat! Thats ok, I have one more chance left. Saturday morning, I get up extra early and Aubrey takes me to the airport (again). This time, my waiting pays off...I get on the flight! My nerves intensify as I take the 100 minute flight from Salt Lake to San Francisco... I arrive at 9:30 AM and Russ doesn't arrive until the afternoon so I have plenty of time to wait. For 5 hours I wait at the hotel he is staying at...Because he didn't know I was there, I couldn't check into the room. Instead, I hung out in the lobby and the restroom (Stacy tidbit--when I get the jitters, my bladder miraculously shrinks to infant size)

No comments: